Kia Ora, we are the Tamati sister’s – Rebecca & Riana!
We have been selected for the NZ Touch Talent ID camp and to travel to Brisbane to play in the All Schools Touch Tournament.
Here is our story…
We are 15 & 16 years old and have been playing touch ever since we were 7! We are both extremely excited to have been selected by Touch NZ for the talent ID camp. This camp will be held in Auckland in October this year. We have been working really hard to achieve this goal! Shortly after this camp, we will then join our Whanganui High School Girls touch team as they board a plane to Brisbane,Australia to compete at the All Schools Schools Touch Tournament. This tournament is the biggest in the world with over 400 teams competing and is another exciting & once in a life time opportunity. We feel so privledged to have been selected for these amazing opportunities and are really excited for what is ahead of us, however, we can not get there without your support!
Some of our achievements:
- Whanganui age divisions from age U11s
- Played in the Whanganui U16s girls team at Nationals and placed 4th
- NZ Maori touch nationals – U17s girls for our Iwi (National Champs, 2017)
- Played in the open women’s division for a tournament in Whakatane
- Whanganui High School girls team for 3 years (attending two NZ Secondary Nationals)
- Selected for the Touch NZ Talent ID Camp (4 day camp in October, 2018)
- Selected for the All Schools Touch Tournament (Australia, 2018)
We would not have been able to achieve these incredible goals without the continual support of not only our parents but all our Whanau & friends that support us.
Our goals & dreams are to be able to grow as players and to one day be able to represent our Whanau and NZ as a Touch Black!
In order for us to get to these incredible opportunities we will really need your support. We will be truly grateful for any support, either big or small to help us on our journey. Every single $1 takes us one step closer to achieving our goals.