Hi, my name is Logan Slee and I am 16 years old.
I have been selected for the NZ Secondary Schools Cross Country Team to travel to Paris in 2018 to compete at the World Secondary Schools Cross Country Championships.
At the age of 4 years old, I decided to join my Primary school’s very own running club. Every week, twice a week, I would run around the streets of Silverstream alongside many parents and teachers that were involved. My first races were my school cross country races and this is where I believe that I caught the running bug. Ever since then, I have thoroughly enjoyed the sport and have always pushed myself to be the best that I can possibly be.
- I placed 2nd in the senior boys division at the Wellington Secondary Schools Cross Country Champs earlier this year
- I was selected for the Wellington U18 Cross Country team to compete at the North Island Cross Country Champs and placed 3rd
- I placed 16th in the senior boys race at the NZSSXC in Christchurch in June
- I placed 10th in the U18 men NZXCC held in Auckland in July
- I was then selected for the New Zealand Secondary School Cross Country Team to go to Hobart to compete in the Australian Cross Country Champs and placed 25th in the U18 men at this event
- Finally, my most recent and greatest achievement to date has been to be named in the New Zealand Secondary School Team to compete in Paris next year
My short term goal is to attend the World Secondary Schools Cross Country Champs in Paris next year and my long term goal is to strive towards qualifying for the Commonwealth Games and possibly even the Olympics by 2024!
To be able to compete in Paris has always been a dream of mine, however, I really need your help to get there! Please help me in raising the necessary funds to travel to Paris to compete in 2018.
Any donations that you could give me would be accepted with gratitude.
Thank you in advance