Hi, I am Nando and I have a dream of fulfilling my potential as a professional football player. Ever since I was very young and first started kicking a ball, it was all I dreamed of. I would play for hours with my friends and my dad every single day. Nothing would get in the way of football for me.
My achievements in football
– 2014: Selected for the Waikato Bay of Plenty football team U15.
– December 2014: Selected for national U15 tournament team; national U15 soccer tournament in Wellington
– January 2015: Offered a placement at Olé Football Academy in Porirua, Wellington.
– 2016: Won ‘Player of the Year’ trophy for the first team Western Suburbs, Central League level.
– 2016: Selected for the All Whites National U20 team at 17 years of age at OFC qualification tournament for Fifa world-cup U20 S-Korea in Vanuatu which they won
Possible future selections:
– U20 team at the Fifa World Cup Championships in South Korea in May 2017
– Due to my age I am eligible for another Fifa World Cup qualifications in 2018
– U23 National Soccer team at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Recently I was selected for the under 20 New Zealand national team and travelled to Vanuatu to participate in the OFC – the qualifiers progressed to the Fifa world cup. Unfortunately I was injured in the tournament and was unable to play in the tournament which was very difficult for me because I was going to be making my debut for New Zealand.
To become a professional footballer I am willing and determined to do whatever it takes to achieve my dream.
To do this I have to improve and get better every single day and do as much as I possibly can to give myself the best possible chance of succeeding.