Hi, I’m Jeremy Majoe and I have been selected to be a member of the KiwiCaps team to tour India in April next year!
Please take a moment to read my story!
4 balls remaining and 4 runs needed to win…
I quickly glanced around the field and took my stance. The bowler trundled in and fired a quicker one. I let my instincts built on hours of practice take over. The cover drive, a little squarish, brought the winning runs and my teammates screaming into the ground! A good sense of the job well done prevailed at winning the game for Western Districts against Counties Manukau.
A journey that started when I was just 5 years, when I played my very first game for Waitakere Cricket Club, had just turned another leaf. I know I have many more years to go and many tests to pass, but I would like to see myself as a Black Cap one day. I have been working hard towards this goal ever since. I have been blessed to be coached by incredible people like Jacob Oram, Robert O’Donnell, and my coach Sahil Mehta.
I moved on from Waitakere to Suburbs Newlynn Cricket Club and have now completed 4 seasons with them. This paved the way for me to play district level cricket for Western District Cricket Club.
I was a member of the winning team from Liston College that traveled to Australia in January 2016 to compete in the Christian Brothers Cricket Carnival Tournament. This was indeed a proud moment to know that Liston College was the first school from NZ to win the cup.
I currently open the innings for Western Districts and Liston College.
Throughout my young cricketing career, I have received numerous awards – a few of which I would like to share below;
- Year 9 Tournament Team (District Tournament 2016-17)
- Batting excellence certificates 2015-16 season
- Ideal Player of the year 2015-16 season
- Player of the Year – Liston College 2014-15 season
I have always believed that an aspiring player could achieve excellence only when he exposes himself to different playing conditions. I am listing below some of the coaching workshops and tours that I have undertaken or registered for, thanks to the excellent support from my family and well-wishers:
- 3 Day clinic with Ex Blackcap Jacob Oram at Manawatu Cricket Club – Palmerston North (July 11th -13th 2017)
- 10 Sessions with Auckland Aces player Robert O’Donnell – organised by Queen’s Street Cricket Club
- 11 Week Winter Academy with Western Cricket – July 2017
- 11 Week Academy with Liston College – preparation for Brisbane Tour in January 2018
- Liston College to tour Australia January 9th -19th 2018
- KiwiCaps tour to India by Jacob Oram – April 2018
I hope one day I become an inspiration to many other young New Zealand athletes!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! It would mean the world to me if you were able to support me!
Any donation that you could make would be accepted with sincere gratitude!