Hi, I am Jenna. I have been selected to represent New Zealand at the Junior World Orienteering Championships to be held in Tampere, Finland in July 2017 and need to raise funds to support this trip. I also hope to attend the European Youth Orienteering Championships in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia a week earlier.
This year my goal was to be selected into the NZ team for the Junior World Orienteering Championships. Based on my performance this year and difficult trials in the Wellington region, I was selected to be in the New Zealand Team for the Junior World Orienteering Championships.
I am very excited and nervous about this competition and I will train to be at the top of my game for it!
Orienteering is a big part of my life. I have travelled all over New Zealand and to parts of the world running courses over many amazing terrains. Many of my best friends and some of the most special experiences in my life are from orienteering.
I love the tough mental and physical challenge it brings and I have met and become good friends with all my competitors. I think it’s an amazing sport and I train both mentally and physically for it in order to do my best at the competitions.
As these events are so far away, it will be a struggle financially, therefore, I would be extremely grateful for any contribution to my campaign. Thank you. Jenna
Some of the highlights over the last few years include:
• 2014 – Selected for NZ team – Junior Girls for Australian Champs (Karrak Karnival, Perth):
– Australian/NZ Secondary School Relay 1st
– Australian Long Champs 1st
– We won the Southern Cross Trophy vs Australia states
• 2015 – Tasmania Oceania Championships
– Oceania Secondary Schools Junior Girls Long 3rd, Relay 1st
– We won the NZ vs Australia Schools Test Match
• 2015 – World Schools’ Orienteering Champs, Antalya, Turkey
– Junior Girls Long Championship 1st
– Havelock North High School won the World Schools’ Junior Girls’ Champs
• 2015 – Selected for the NZ team – Junior Girls for Australia Champs (Ballarat)
– Australian Champs Sprint 2nd
– Australia/NZ Schools Champs Junior Girls Sprint 1st, Long 2nd, Relay 1st
• 2015 – NZSS Orienteering Champs – Intermediate Girls Long 1st
• 2016 – NZSS Orienteering Champs – Intermediate Girls Sprint 1st, Long 1st
• 2016 – Selected for NZ Team – Senior Girls for Australian Champs (Queensland)
– Australia Champs Sprint 3rd, Long 1st, Relay 1st
– Australia Secondary School Championships Sprint 2nd, Relay 1st
• 2017 – Selected for NZ Team – Australia New Zealand Challenge
• 2017 – Selected for NZ Team – NZ Schools Test Team
• 2017 – Selected in the NZ Women U23 Squad for training