Malo lelei, I’m Malia Manoa and I’m Etelini Manoa and we are twin sisters of Tongan descent.
Recently we have been selected for the NZ Junior Women’s Development Team for volleyball.
If we are able to fundraise the necessary costs for this trip we will travel to Australia and compete in the Australian State Volleyball Championships!
We have really enjoyed playing volleyball for 4 years now, one of these including a year playing for our club team in Marlborough.
Over the past few years, we have both faced a great amount of self-doubt and many challenges that have really tested our strength and our love for the sport of volleyball. Going through these times were difficult but we will never regret the past. The opportunities and challenges that we faced have not only shown us the importance of working together with friends and family but also the power of believing in ourselves to be the best that we can be.
To be selected for the New Zealand Junior Women’s Development Team is a huge opportunity for us both and we are so grateful to everyone that has helped us get to where we are today!
We both really love volleyball but often doubt whether the enjoyment of the sport is worth all of the financial strain that it places on our single mother that is trying her best to support 7 children alone. It has always been a dream of ours to represent our country and we finally have the opportunity within our reach!
We promise to always try our very best in every situation and to represent New Zealand with pride!
A few of our past achievements:
- Members of the Marlborough Girls College (MGC) junior A volleyball team who won gold at the South Island Junior Championships (2014)
- Selected for the South Island Tournament Team for MGC
- Placing 3rd equal at Mainland’s for our college volleyball team (2015)
- Placing 2nd at Mainland’s for our college volleyball team (2016)
- Placed 4th in NZ at the Secondary Schools Volleyball Tournament
- Placing 2nd at Mainland’s for our college volleyball team (2017)
- Placed 1st in Division 2 at the Secondary Schools Volleyball Tournament (2017)
To make this dream a reality for us both, we really need your support!
Any donation that you could give us would be greatly appreciated!
Together, we hope to inspire others, to touch their hearts and instill confidence in young athletes to continue striving for their dreams!